Jarred Donkersley is an amateur astronomer, astrophotographer and science communicator originally from Mesa, Arizona now residing in Redondo Beach, California.
Previous Occupations: Celestron marketing and events, rigger and audio tech at Mesa Arts Center, rigger at King Dahl Event design, dog walker, manager, audio tech and projectionist at Downtown Independent, bartender, DJ, production, and gallery assistant at POV Evolving Fine Art Print Studio and Gallery, DJ at Palo Verde, buyer and sales at Blue Jean Buyer, production assistant, writer, photographer, and model at Debris Blanc, guitar tech at Rich Beck, Lifeguard, Swim, Dive, and Lifesaving instructor at Arizona State University, Lifetime Fitness, and Mesa Parks and Rec., sales at Stinkweeds Records, veterinarian technician at Aberdeen Animal Hospital,
Other Interests: Music composition and recording, cycling (fixed gear, road, mtn.), skate, snow, and wakeboarding, birding, hiking, camping, books, records, films, the history of film, art, science, jazz, and rock and roll, shamanism and mythology, Native American history, political science, Romantic poetry, Zen Buddhism, Taoism, Hermeticism and the Western Esoteric tradition, natural history of the Southwest, science criticism and and conspiracy debunking
TOOLS of the TRADE
- Celestron 8" AVX telescope
- Celestron 8" NexStar Evolution telescope
- 8" Orion XT8 Dobsonian telescope
- Sony A7S i DSLR
- Canon 450D XSi DSLR
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Ultra Wide Angle
- Canon EF18-55mm f/3.5 + Wide Angle / Macro Lens attachment
- Canon EF70-300mm f/4 Telephoto Zoom
- iOptron Skytracker
- iPhone 5 camera
- NexImage 5 planetary imaging camera
- Celestron Hummingbird 50mm and Regal M2 80mm spotting scopes
Editing through StarStax, Nebulosity and Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premier
Darkskymatters prints and ships through POV Evolving Fine Art Print Studio [www.fineartprinting.la] in downtown Los Angeles, CA
- We print on Premium Luster Photo Paper // 260 gsm and Aluminum. This luster Photo Paper delivers highly saturated prints by offering maximum ink coverage and a high D-Max for true photographic reproductions. Archival and Acid Free.
- We also print on glossy silver aluminum substrate which is .045" thick and is available in a variety of sizes and includes mounting blocks.
To preserve quality control not all images will be available at all sizes. Please note that certain sizes may be unavailable for printing on certain surfaces. Please also be aware that certain sizes will affect the aspect ratio of the image resulting in minimal cropping which I have taken precautions against where necessary.